Weekly Meal Box Review – Healthy Living Way To Eat
Posted On May 7, 2019
Product: Weekly Meal Box 8 Entrees 2 Breakfast
Product Description: 1 Chicken Kabab/Basmati Rice 1 Eggplant Parmesan / Pasta 1 Mediterranean Tilapia/ Couscous 1 Meatballs with Spaghetti 1 Balsamic Chicken/ Potatoes, Peppers 1 Beef Burger/ Vegs, Potato 1 Herb Baked Chicken/ Vegs, Potatoes 1 Stir Fry Shrimp & Vegs/ Rice 1 Cheese Omelette/ Potatoes 1 Egg Muffins/ Oatmeal Some food items consist of Gluten and Dairy. All our products are prepared where gluten, tree nuts, dairy is commonly used. Please make us aware of your allergies
Best Place to Buy: Amazon Fresh
My Rating: 9 out of 10
Weekly Meal Box Overview
This meal plan consists of 2 breakfasts and 8- lunch/dinner which can be consumed in the following order
Breakfast: Egg muffins/oatmeal
Lunch: Mediterranean tilapia with couscous
Breakfast: Cheese omelette with potatoes
Dinner: Spaghetti with meatballs
Lunch: Balsamic chicken with potatoes, peppers
Lunch: Stir fry Shrimp with vegetables and rice
Lunch: Chicken kabab with basmatic rice
Lunch: Beef burger with vegetables and potatoes
Dinner: Eggplant parmesan with pasta
Lunch: Herb baked chicken with vegetables and potatoes
Each and every day looks just about the same in terms of what I eat. I decided to take a break with routine and tried this weekly meal box with healthy and nutritious food. This is a balanced diet with dairy (cheese) and egg elements, pasta, rice, animal protein (chicken, beef) and vegetables combined.
Also, shrimp – high amount of iodine, a nutrient not found abundant in many other food. Low calories and doesn´t contain any carbs – all of it for the average price of $13.6 per meal.
Tilapia, nicknamed ¨aquatic chicken¨, as the food of pharaohs in ancient times, is relatively low in calories and rich in protein. It has very little fat- 2 to 3 grams per serving, of which less than 0-2 grams is omega- 3s .
As you may have noticed, I repeated chicken dish thrice (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) because it´s an excellent source of high quality protein. Chicken has generally lower fat levels (and particularly saturated fatty acids) compared with other meats.
Many people incorrectly believe chicken doesn´t provide the same density of protein that red meat delivers- the reality is quite different. In fact the protein content of all meats (chicken, beef, lamb, and pork) is almost identical- around 22% of raw lean trimmed meat cuts.
How Healthy is Eating Chicken?
Well these are some of the reasons, according to the Peacock Poultry Farm, why we should eat more chicken:
- Good for the Heart. Eating chicken breast suppresses and controls a body´s homocysteine amino acid levels, which if too high, can lead to cardiovascular diseases
- Plenty of Phosphorus. They are rich in phosphorus, an essential mineral that supports your teeth and bones, as well as kidney, liver and central nervous system
- Abundant in Selenium. Provides this essential mineral involved in metabolic performance, in other words thyroid, hormone, metabolism, and immune function.
- Boosts Metabolism. Vitamin B6 (or B- complex vitamins) in chicken will keep blood vessels healthy, energy levels high and metabolism burning away calories so you can manage a healthy weight.
- Rich in Niacin. Another B vitamin, niacin helps guard against cancer and other forms of genetic (DNA) damage.
- Natural Anti-depressant. If you are feeling depressed, eating some poultry will increase the serotonin amino acid levels in your brain, enhancing your mood, blasting stress and lulling you to sleep.
- Promotes Eye Health. An excellent source of retinol, alpha and beta- carotene, and lycopene (all derived from vitamin A) and all vital for healthy eyesight.
- Essential for Healthy Tissue. Riboflavin (or vitamin B2) found in chicken livers will drastically reduce your skin problems and repair dry or damage skin.
- Prevents Bone Loss. If you are entering your senior years and you are concerned about Osteoporosis or arthritis, eating chicken will aid in your fight against bone loss thanks to the protein punch it packs!
I have also included pasta twice (Tuesday and Saturday) because of the wheat kernel of the bran and germ. This refined pasta is enriched with B vitamins and iron. Pasta is high in carbs which can be bad for you if consumed in large amounts. But it has the opposite effect if you are the athletic type – best carbohydrate for runners.
Beware Amazon Fresh mentions that all these products are prepared where gluten, tree nuts, dairy is commonly used for those suffering from food allergies. If you don´t have an account with Amazon Fresh you can get it on this website
I hope you enjoyed this review and if you have any questions about this Weekly Meal Box or want to leave your own personal review, leave a comment below